I do enjoy a blogging tag, and when Laura from Five Little Doves nominated me for this tag I couldn’t wait to get my post out! I love the idea of making wishes rather than resolutions. Resolutions are never kept, but a wish is something that will give you hope.
5 Personal Wishes
- I want to have more time to spend baking, it’s one of my favourite things to do and this past year it’s been a much neglected hobby.
- I need to learn to not take things to heart too much. If someone does something to upset me I linger on it too much. If I could just learn to brush off people’s actions, that would be great!
- I want to organise my home more, I have so much stuff and it needs organizing and sorting. I also need to put pictures up around the house that I’ve had ready in frames for ages.
- If I could learn to grow my self-confidence a bit more that would be great. I’m very shy in new situations and I want to be able to put myself out there a bit more. 2016 saw me come out of my shell a little, but I need to be even braver in 2017! I worry about how others view me and I need to learn that if they don’t like me, they don’t like me and not dwell on it.
- I want to go back to work and enjoy it! I’m feeling very anxious about going back to work. I haven’t spent any time away from Oliver and it scares me!
5 Blog Wishes
- My first wish is to go self hosted – this I have actually done this weekend! I’m still getting to grips with it, installing all the plugins and trying to get it looking like it did before.
- To get more organised, as I said in My 2017 Blogging Goals, I want to make sure I start scheduling posts, especially once I go back to work. I also want to work on my social media presence more. At the moment I am useless at utilizing Twitter and Facebook.
- If I could, I would love to work with some brands this year. Especially brands I love and have a passion for!
- I want to start adding vlogs into my blogging remit. Whether it be Day in the Life’s, reviews or chatty vlogs.
- I want to work on my photography. I’m hoping to get myself a decent ‘proper’ camera this year. The one I currently have is about 6 years old and so difficult to use I never bother. My brother-in-law and father-in-law are heavily into their photography so I’m sure they can give me some good pointers.
5 Family Wishes
- That Oliver settles into his new routine. He’s going to my mums and the childminder when I go back to work. I hope that he will nap for them!
- Stuart has started a new job this week, it’s a big change for him. I hope that he enjoys his new role as it’s a complete change for him.
- I want to make sure we spend our days off as a family doing activities, whether it be a walk, swimming or visiting somewhere. At the moment we often end up staying in and as lovely as that is, at the end of the day we feel we’ve wasted our day. I expect once Oliver finds his feet we will be out and about much more.
- On the other hand, I also want to spend a little time just me and Stuart. Once I stop breastfeeding I will be happy to leave Oliver. Whether it be for an afternoon or evening, so we can go out and do something we enjoy doing together. Obviously this all depends on whether they are happy to have Oliver!
- I hope that Oliver continues to entertain us, he’s a born entertainer!
5 Hopes and Wishes
- This year, I hope that we can make some great memories.
- I hope that my family has another year of good health.
- One wish would be that I could win the lottery, so we could find our forever home…it might help if I started playing!
- I hope that Stuart and my relationship grows stronger through the changes in our careers. We will *hopefully* have more time together as a family as Stuart is moving to shift work. Fingers crossed we don’t get too fed up with each other 😉
- My biggest wish is that we will be able to expand our family to 4. Hopefully we will be lucky this year!
So that’s all of my wishes! What do you wish for most this year?
Anita at The House That Never Rests
Victoria at Mummy Times Two