This week I was thrilled to receive the notification on Twitter to say that Lucy’s Locket had nominated me for the Liebster Award. I love reading Lucy’s blog and I think we share quite similar views on parenting. This is an award given to bloggers by bloggers, it’s a great way to discover new blogs and to learn a bit more about bloggers.
Firstly I’m meant to thank the person who nominated me, so thank you Lucy! I’ve only been blogging a few months and didn’t expect to be receiving any nominations for awards quite yet (even if it is just a blogger to blogger award)!
Secondly, I need to proudly display the badge, so here we go!
Next, 10 random facts about me…
- I LOVE the colour pink, always have done. I will always choose pink if given the choice!
- I have lived in the same village my whole life, I never want to move away!
- I met my husband at school, he stalked me for a month before I caved in and started going out with him!
- I’m missing a bit of bone in my left knee, it broke off when I was 18 and was floating around my knee joint for 6 months before I had it removed. It caused a lot of damage, meaning I will need a knee replacement early in my life (even sooner if I become overweight).
- I love baking, I would love to do it professionally but I just don’t have the time. My best friend and I have decided when we are old and give up nursing we will open up a tea room and make our own cakes every day (we can dream, right?!)
- I am obsessed with Harry Potter, I have read the books and watched the films hundreds of times and I have visited the studios 5 times! Our wedding table names were all places from the books. I would love to go to the theme park in Florida one day, I really hope Oliver likes HP!
- I hate the words Nan, Nanny or Nana, they make me cringe and my skin crawl (I know it’s a weird response to a word!)
- I wear way too many stripey clothes, one friend said she’s never seen me in anything but stripes!
- My favourite sweets are Jelly Tot’s, every Christmas Stu buys me a tube or two because they’re best out of the tube!
- I love the winter, I love wrapping up warm and feeling the cold on my face. I just wished it snowed more in Surrey!
Lucy also asked me 11 questions, here are my answers:
- What inspired you to start blogging?
I wanted somewhere to document my journey through parenthood and Oliver’s life, so that I can look back at what we have done.
- What is your favourite blog post that you have written?
Our Anniversary, obviously it’s writing about something (someone) I really love!
- Are you a fan of Christmas?
I LOVE CHRISTMAS! I’m like Buddy the Elf. Stuart isn’t too bothered and hates how excited I get. I start decorating as soon as December starts!
- What genre of books do you like to read?
Romantic comedy generally, I love the Shopaholic series, I like anything light hearted and not too hard to read . I do read some historical fiction as well but not as much.
- What TV series are you currently watching (if any)?
My daytime series is Gilmore Girls, I’m catching up on it before the new episodes later this month. In the evenings Stuart and I are watching House on Netflix. We generally use Netflix to find TV series that we haven’t watched before.
- Are you a morning or night person?
Definitely a night person, I hate the mornings! So many people say their children wake up at 6am. I’m so glad that even though Oliver wakes at 6 he will happily go back to sleep until 8 or later. I’ve always struggled to get up for work in the mornings, I have to leave the house at 7 and I used to get up at 6:30 and manically get ready! Stu is constantly telling me off at bedtime because I always start doing pointless things that could have been done much earlier in the day.
- What has been the highlight of your year?
Giving birth to my baby!
- What is your greatest achievement?
Ever? Probably getting my Nursing diploma and achieving a sisters position within 2 and a half years of qualifying.
- Since you are all mothers, what is the one piece of parenting advice you wish you’d been given?
I’m not sure its advice but to be told that it’s ok if your child doesn’t sleep through the night. All I’m ever asked is ‘is he sleeping through yet?’ like it’s a bad thing that he isn’t. It’s completely normal for a baby to wake in the night!!
- What is your top goal for 2017?
To go back to work and be ok leaving Oliver! I’m not looking forward to having to leave him for a whole day twice a week but I will have to get used to it. In regards to my blog, going self hosted is probably going to be my main goal for next year.
- Dogs or cats?
Dogs! I would love a dog but Stuart and I have decided because we work long hours it wouldn’t be fair to get one. We will wait until we have children old enough to take one on walks for us!! I’m allergic to cats, my husbands mum has about 5 cats (I say about, she lives on a farm in Wales and has lots of stray cats turn up on her doorstep so the numbers change often!) every time I go I have to load up on antihistamines otherwise I spend the whole weekend sneezing!
Finally, I have to nominate some other bloggers, so without further ado my nominees are:
Abi from Something About Baby
Kimberley from Oh Just my Little Blog
These are the rules so have a look and I hope you complete your nomination!