All I can say is WHAT?! Where on earth have the last 9 months gone, that’s three quarters of a year, this time in 3 months you’ll be a year old and barely a baby anymore. Even thinking about that makes me sad. This time 9 months ago we had a teeny tiny bundle, that bundle is now a crawling, climbing, ball of mischief!
Weaning and milk
We are still doing baby led weaning and you’re starting to really love eating. Before now you usually got frustrated after about 5 minutes at the table, but you will now sit there for ages finding all of the food you’ve dropped in your bib. After a lot of tossed yoghurt spoons and yoghurt covered furniture, I have started feeding you yoghurts, this is the only food you’ll let anyone feed to you, and you often guide the spoon to your mouth anyway. Although you will happily take any of my food off of my fork! You’re still obsessed with cherry tomatoes, they’re definitely your favourite food. You’re still breastfed about 4-5 times a day and 2-3 times a night, although I think you’re now starting to drop your daytime feeds.
Movement and speech
You are getting so quick at crawling, if you see something you want you’re there within seconds. You love standing and will pull yourself up on everything and you love walking with your walker. Just the other day we were out for coffee, you pulled yourself up on a chair and then used it as a makeshift walker and walked all the way across the building with it (I did have to stop you before you crashed into a nice couples table though!). You REALLY love climbing the stairs, if I leave this stair gate open and you see it, you’re there in a flash and straight up the stairs. You really are such a monkey! You’re speech is still just ‘dada’ and ‘baba’ you chatter away to yourself, it’s so cute. We are working on ‘mama’ but all we have had is ‘maba’, maybe next month you’ll have finally said it!
- Weighing 9kg
- Wearing 6-9/6-12 month clothing, the 9-12 month bits we have are all too long in the body!
- Still cruising around the furniture
- Climb over anything that’s in your way; me, daddy, granny, your baby friends, boxes, pretty much anything!
- Love standing up
- Hate getting in the car seat
- In the Night Garden
- Giving kisses
- Anything that has wheels, it’s a serious obsession!
- Playing runaway from mummy (when I run at him and Stu, and Stu then grabs him and runs away, Oliver thinks this is hilarious)
- Grabbing daddy’s nipples! He doesn’t enjoy this so much and usually hides under the duvet!
- Bath time
- Pretending to drive the car, you love standing at the steering wheel and then lean down to get to the gear stick (you literally are your daddy’s mini me!)